Volunteering at the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory provides the opportunity to make new friends, learn insider information about The Domes, and meet people from all over the world.
Want to learn more about volunteering at The Domes? Email our volunteer manager.
Special Event Volunteers
The Friends of The Domes holds several events as fundraisers for The Domes. These events would not be possible without our vital volunteer base. By volunteering at these events, you provide a much needed service to sustain our mission while having fun and meeting new friends! No prior experience necessary.
- Rhythm & Brews – Last Thursday in September
- Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Celebration – Last Friday in October
- Art in the Green – last weekend in April
Help The Domes horticultural team tend the indoor and outdoor gardens. Prior gardening and/or horticultural experience is required.
Member-Only Lane Volunteers
The member-only lane volunteers assist with staffing the lane that allows members fast access to The Domes (it is a great member benefit and also helps the admission line move faster for all visitors). Volunteer shifts are on Saturdays and Sundays during peak seasons (typically November through April). No prior experience necessary.
Train Show Volunteers
Help ensure a wonderful Train Show by serving as a train engineer. No prior experience necessary.
Education Program Volunteers
Education Center volunteers help to promote a love of nature for all ages by providing hands-on resources and education. Some areas we need assistance:
- Education Center: The Education Center is a great way for young people to dig in and grow their love of nature. The Ed Center’s highly interactive activities change periodically. Volunteers staff the Ed Center, helping visitors by providing instruction and answering questions. The Ed Center is open every day that the conservatory is open to the public: Wednesday-Sunday. No prior experience necessary, but a youth-friendly attitude is a must.
- Field Trip Volunteer: Assist our educators as they facilitate engaging and fun field trips for schools and organizations. No prior experience necessary, but a youth-friendly attitude is a must.
- Adult and Family Workshops: Assist with organizing or facilitating an educational conference or workshop. Event and/or content expertise greatly appreciated.
Note that background checks are required for all Friends of The Domes volunteer posts.